Dapchi Update: You’ve failed, PDP tells Buhari’s FG The Federal Government yesterday said the search for the missing 110 Dapchi schoolgirls, who were abducted from the Government Girls’ Science and Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, Yobe State, had been extended to the neighbouring countries, Prsident Buhari and Dapchi school girls In a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Federal Government said that the top military and security officials on Thursday travelled to the North-East to add more urgency to the search, which has now been extended beyond the North-East theatre. The officials include the nation’s top military officer and Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas; Chief of Army Staff; Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai and the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Alhaji Lawal Daura. They joined the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the North-East, as well as, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd), who has also visited the theatre. The Federal Government had earlier released the names and other details of the 110 girls, who were yet to be accounted for, following the attack on the GGSTC, Dapchi, Yobe State, on 19 Feb. 2018. The Panel set up by the Federal Government to unravel the circumstances surrounding the abduction of the girls was inaugurated on Thursday by the NSA and was given two weeks to submit its Report. Meanwhile, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, has said the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, led Federal Government lacked the capacity to manage the nations’ security, adding that the kidnap of the girls was a proof that the dreaded Boko Haram sect has not been defeated as claimed by the Federal government. PDP made the statement in Port Harcourt while receiving over 2000 members of Ikwerre Youth Movement, IYM, loyal to APC, who decamped to PDP through Grassroots Development Initiative, GDI. Speaking, the Publicity Secretary of PDP in Rivers State, Mr. Samuel Nwanosike, questioned the identity of those responsible for the kidnap if indeed Boko Haram had been defeated, stressing that the success of the war against insurgents was only in the media. He said: “The abduction of the students in Dapchi shows that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari has failed in the promise they made to Nigerian that they will conquer and completely destroy Boko Haram and any other organization that portends danger to the lives of Nigerians. He, however, accused the FG of insensitivity to the plights of its citizens, adding that hunger and killings have characterized the nation. “The government is insensitive to the plights of the people of the nation. I don’t think the president knows he is the Chief Security Officer of the country. To us, look at what Donald Trump did in the case of Florida shooting, you see the kind of attention he gave to Americans that died, you will see what Nigerians want from our president. We in the PDP have been vindicated,” Nwanosike added.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/dapchi-update-weve-extended-search-neighbouring-countries-fg/